The Environmental Health Sciences Summer Institute (SI) For K-12 Educators
When: July 13-16, 2015
Where: Northwest Forest Conference Center, Cypress, TX
Evalutions: Daily Workshop Evaluation Link
The K-12 Summer Institute offers an extensive variety of professional development workshops focused on the connections between health and the environment. Participants will learn how to help students use inquiry based learning to develop an enhanced understanding of science concepts, apply the scientific method and better understand how the environment affects our health.
Summer Institute attendees will:
- Receive free, award-winning integrated curricular materials.
- Discuss environmental health issues that directly impact our lives.
- Participate in hands-on learning activities.
- Share ideas with scientists and professionals in the science field.
- Discuss environmental health issues that directly impact our lives, participate in hands-on, classroom ready learning activities, share ideas with scientists and professionals in the science field and discover how curricular materials address and will help students excel at: STAAR and End of Course (EOC) Assessments.
Earn continuing professional education hours (Summer Institute is recognized and approved by the State Board of Education as a CPE Provider) and all workshops are also accredited by the Texas Association of Gifted and Talented (TAGT)!!
In other words, this is a great opportunity!!!
A Wide Range of Topics......
Featured K-12 curricular materials are from a network of leading national institutions focusing on atmospheric research, cancer, genetics, cell biology, indoor and outdoor air pollution, lead poisoning, water quality and toxicology. Educators, scientists, and classroom teachers facilitate all workshops.